Post 2: Whose play space is it anyways?

 Hi everyone,

Please indulge me a bit...I'm fresh off a conference so children's rights are very much at the forefront of my thinking right now. I'm wondering what everyone thinks about 'children's rights', specifically The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child as the most widely ratified human rights treaty (representing a strong signal of the commitment of states to protect and promote the rights of every child, without discrimination). I'm curious if this rights discussion has informed the outdoor play space - how it is constructed, the 'rules' implemented,
or the opportunities provided. How are children's agency, voice, inclusion, and/or diversity represented/reflected within the outdoor space? I'm really excited to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Comments

Popular Posts