Thinking outside of the box Thursday: Comfort level with risk-taking…

How would you describe your current comfort level with risk-taking among the children in your program? How has it changed over time (if at all), and why?

It took a while for me to become comfortable with children going down slides head first. Growing up, I was always told that it was dangerous, and we weren’t allowed to do it at parks or at school. When I began working in a centre that allowed it, I felt slightly uneasy. Over time, I noticed that the children were great at looking to see that the slide was clear first, and holding their head up and/or using their arms to stop themselves from hitting their head at the bottom. Now I think that it’s a great way for children to take risks and have a fun sensory experience!



Comments

Popular Posts