Empathy through the eyes of our little ones.

 Empathy through the eyes of our little ones.

I have a four-year-old in my care at my school-age program. He and I walked the yard one day in search of buried treasure. We followed his map around the yard, through the thickest part of the treeline. We dodged hidden traps. We fought off wild animals. Then we came upon a baby bird which layed lifeless on the ground. It was a sad sight indeed.
The child turned to me and said, "We need to bring flowers because that's what you do when someone dies".
We then gathered as many flowers that we could find in the area and paid tribute to the most humble of little creatures gifted to us from God.
It warmed my heart to feel such tenderness and kindness come from the youngest child in my group. Thank you to his first teacher, his parents, for giving him such a kind heart.


Comments

Popular Posts